Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Using Succulents With Flea Market Finds

On Father's Day, my parents, sister, and I went to the Long Beach Antique Market for a morning of treasure-hunting. I found lots of fun items that I'll be posting about in the next few days, but I wanted to share with you two great decorating ideas I saw there.
This is so simple, and yet so pretty. An old muffin tin (easily found at thrift stores or garage sales), some pretty succulents and a few votives round out the look. You can fill the while thing, or leave a few blank. I also think it would be fun to try other fillers - maybe sea glassJapanese fishing floats, or even sea urchins

This is another simple idea - succulents in a chipped enamelware basin. I'm a fan of enamelware anyway, but add some succulents and it's so fresh. I like that they're not planted, but still in their little store pots; it looks very casual and fun. Here are two options from Etsy: this one is $17, this one is $10. 

If you haven't been to the Long Beach Antique Market, you should! It's HUGE and has over 800 sellers. This picture only shows a portion of the market...

{photo via Food &Wine - who called it one of America's Best Flea Markets}

Do you enjoy antique markets? Have you found any good decorating ideas from displays before?

1 comment:

I love to read your comments and questions!